Friday, August 23, 2013

Welcome home!

My own home is far from perfect. Absolutely, impossibly far from it. Too cluttered. Too cramped. Too crazy. But crazy-nice enough to have little touches that make it different from other homes.  And crazy-cool enough to yield tiny surprises that can make visitors smile.
Hydrangeas from my garden, from two pots bought in Tagaytay more than 10 years ago.
My own hands are far from ideal. They're not strong enough to hold a racket and smash shuttlecocks. With fingers not limber enough to make music. But they're special in their own way. They can string beads into bracelets and rosaries. They can fold Japanese paper precisely. And the one on the right can write gracefully.
Single-decade rosary made from an eclectic mix of beads and a Murano cross.
Please do not expect a fabulous blog filled with culinary and aesthetic masterpieces – all it will have are simple joys that I'd love to share with you... and store in cyberspace for my children and future grandchildren to remember me by.
Kimchi rice with fried egg, made with Kimchi brought home from Seoul.
I believe that handmade crafts and homespun meals make heartfelt memories.

Life is good. Let me count my blessings :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment